For the second year running, we are proud to organise the Temasek STEM Conference in collaboration with Temasek Primary School. Providing an opportunity for teachers primarily from the East Zone, to learn from our distinguished speaker and workshops, share ideas and network with one another to leverage each other’s expertise.
Over 80 educators Primary & Secondary schools in Singapore attended the STEM conference. We would like to thank our distinguished speaker, Dr. Koh Niak Wu for his valuable time and for sharing his expertise with us.
Dr. Koh Niak Wu is the CEO of Cosmiqo International Pte Ltd where he leads innovation efforts in supply chains and operational analytics. His work involves the development of analytics engines that advance virtual control towers. He believes in the power of technology and how it redefines an economy.
- Session 1: Time calculation & Measurement with LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3
- Session 2: Tinkering in the Learning of Interactions & Energy Concepts in Science
- Session 3: Using StoryStarter as a language resource in the classroom
- Session 4: Geometry with LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3
- Session 5: Science Exploration with WeDo 2.0
The Temasek STEM Conference ended with a STEM Unconference where participants discussed what they have learnt from the Conference and how they intended to integrate STEM into the education experiences for students.
About Temasek STEM Conference 2017
Educators and Professionals from the Education Industry will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from the best STEM practices in schools from Singapore and around the region.
- Understand how educators are making hands-on learning an effective way of developing 21st Century Competencies in their students.
- Hands-on LEGO building experience and discover how hands-on learning can be integrated into multiple subject areas
- Collaborate with other participants to create a shared vision and manifesto for STEM Education.
- Find like-minded partners from schools and the industry to help jump-start exciting initiatives in your school.
- Become part of a community of hands-on STEM learning advocates.