10 results found.
Interactions & Energy covers the concepts of forces & motion, friction, speed, distance, time, weight and energy. Ideal for upper primary and lower secondary students, this set illustrates the concepts usingreal-life models with a strong focus on hypothesis testing and problem-based learning.This set includes full-colour building instruction booklets for 10 principle models and 18 main models. Combine it with curricular-relevant activity packs and add-on sets to carry out a broad range of activities within design technology, Science and Mathematics.
Key learning values
• Building and exploring real like Machines & Mechanisms
• Investigating powered machines with the motor.
• Using plastic sheets for calibration and capturing wind
• Exploring gearing mechanisms with the assorted gear wheel.
• Ideal for investigating basic principles of simple machines, mechanisms and structures.
• Students can experiment with forces, motion and speed.
• Students develop an understanding of how gears ad wheels function through building models.
• Building instruction booklets enable students to work together on building the same model, as instructions are divided into two.
• LEGO Technic bricks allow students to build models that are strong and secure.
• 9V Motor and Battery Pack make models like cars and cranes come to life.
• Can be combined with several activity packs and add-on sets to increase learning opportunities.
Building and exploring real like Machines & Mechanisms
Piece count: 396*/
This set is an ideal supplement to the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Set(45544), designed to build larger and more complex models while providing extra or replacement elements.There are plenty of special elements such as different gears, a large turntable, robot personalisation parts and unique structural elements. These are joined by many extra standard elements like beams, axles andconnectors. The set is optimised for classroom useand after school programs or robotics competitions. It comes in a sturdy and stackable plastic storage bin.
Piece count: 853*/
Combine this set with the Interactions & Energy Set (9686) to explore renewable energy sources such as electrical energy, kinetic energy and potential energy.Combining these sets will also allow students to explore energy supply, conversion, transfer, accumulation and consumption through real-life models such as Solar Station, Wind Turbine and many more.
The set includes a solar panel, turbine blades, a motor/generator, LED lights, an extension wire, a LEGO® Energy Meter and full-colour building instructions for six real-life LEGO® models to build with the Interactions & Energy Set (9686).
For detailed lesson plans to cover solar, wind and hydro power, use it with the Activity Pack for Renewable Energy Add-on Set (2009688).This set can also be used with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education (45544). Connected to the MINDSTORMS ®EV3 brick, the LEGO® Energy Meter works as a sensor and can be used for both programming and data logging.Activities and building instructions for using this set with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® can be downloaded free of charge at MINDSTORMSeducation.com.
Piece count: 12*/