7 results found.
The Ethanol Fuel Cell Science Kit shows the workings of a direct ethanol fuel cell and the principles behind the conversion of ethanol into electrical energy through oxidization. Begin the process in the ethanol/water mix container then transfer this solution into the fuel cell via silicon tubing where it will be converted into electrical energy to power a mini turbine. A demonstration of the future of fuel cell technology before your eyes.
• Understanding the workings of an ethanol fuel cell
• pH paper shows change of property of the consumed ethanol fuel
• Includes experiment guide on CD, as well complete manual
• Fuel solution can be made with household items
The Renewable Energy Science Kit demonstrates the workings of a clean energy technology system on a miniature scale. Power an electrical circuit by solar panel or a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASAaeronautics. Generate hydrogen through water electrolysis and convert it into electricity using a PEM fuel cell. Whichever combination of technologies you want to explore, this science kit is a comprehensive introduction to the principles behind renewable microgrids. This kit contains small-scale wind turbine, solar cell, fuel cell, electrolyzer and more.*/
Now you can generate electricity using nothing more than a combination of hot and cold water and a special conversion cell. As the temperature evens out between the two containers of water, the power level reduces. LED and mini turbines demonstrate the variance in the electrical power being generated and there are two thermometers to keep track of the temperature levels.
• Produce power from temperature difference (hot/cold water
• LED and fan modules show variance in electric power being generated
• Examine the physics of heat exchange and the energy that can be captured
• Comes with CD, experiments, curriculum, and 2 thermometers