Interactions & Energy covers the concepts of forces & motion, friction, speed, distance, time, weight and energy. Ideal for upper primary and lower secondary students, this set illustrates the concepts using real-life models with a strong focus on hypothesis testing and problem-based learning. This set includes full-colour building instruction booklets for 10 principle models and 18 main models. Combine it with curricular-relevant activity packs and add-on sets to carry out a broad range of activities within design technology, Science and Mathematics.
Key learning values
• Building and exploring real like Machines & Mechanisms
• Investigating powered machines with the motor.
• Using plastic sheets for calibration and capturing wind
• Exploring gearing mechanisms with the assorted gear wheel.
• Ideal for investigating basic principles of simple machines, mechanisms and structures.
• Students can experiment with forces, motion and speed.
• Students develop an understanding of how gears ad wheels function through building models.
• Building instruction booklets enable students to work together on building the same model, as instructions are divided into two.
• LEGO Technic bricks allow students to build models that are strong and secure.
• 9V Motor and Battery Pack make models like cars and cranes come to life.
• Can be combined with several activity packs and add-on sets to increase learning opportunities.
Building and exploring real like Machines & Mechanisms
Piece count: 396
Download curriculum for Interactions & Energy (Machines & Mechanisms) for free.